Friday, November 13, 2009

Week 11 Picks

South Dakota State vs. Minnesota
Prediction: Although the Gophers are Decker-less right now. They will win this game and become bowl eligible. Minnesota 27, South Dakota State 10

Indiana vs. Penn State
Prediction: The Lions may not be able to smell the roses, but they're certainly going to keep playing hard and try to make another BCS bowl. Season's over for Bill Lynch and the Hoosiers as the Lions roll, 35-7.

Michigan vs. Wisconsin
Prediction: This is a HUGE game for Rich Rod. A must-win since they play Ohio State next week. That being said, I think Bielema and Tolzien will win this one. Wolverines miss out on a bowl for the second-straight year as the Badgers jump around to the tune of a 24-14 victory.

Michigan State vs. Purdue
Prediction: I never would have thought that Purdue would be two wins away from bowl eligibility. Honestly, I think the Boilers have this one in the bag. Sparty has struggle since losing to Iowa and is coming off an easy win over a MAC opponent. I don't think they will be ready for Danny Hope and the Boilers. Purdue wins it, 21-17.

Northwestern vs. Illinois
Prediction: Northwestern is coming off a huge win at Iowa and I think they will continue to build off of that win when they head to Champaign. Pat Fitzgerald and his squad get it done for a second-straight week, beating the fighting Zooks, 17-14.

Iowa vs. Ohio State
Prediction: It's a game for all the roses. James Vandenberg is going to have to shoulder the load for the Hawkeye offense and not make mistakes. Call me biases, call me a homer, I honestly believe Iowa will win this game. It's going to be a low-scoring defensive effort and the Hawks are going to rally around their young QB. Iowa wins in a close one, 10-7.

1 comment:

  1. I think Vandenburg really has the skills necessary to lead the Hawkeyes. He was under so much pressure last weekend and made a couple good plays. I think we are going to see a completely different Vandenburg on Saturday at the Horseshoe who will show us what he's really made of and prove to us that he deserves to lead this team. I agree with you, I'm ready for another close one.

    ReplyDelete

Football in the Heartland Visitor Count

Powered By Blogger